Saturday, January 07, 2006

What a start to 2006

Feelin' tired

After having such a lovely quiet Christmas I though that this year was going to be one of the good ones. However, things turned out not to be so good. My best friend of over 30 years has finally admitted to being abused by her brother as a child and has decided to take official proceedings. Her New Year was hell because of a silly argument that blew up out of all proportion and she is in bits. I have always been her confident and I thought that she had told me everything she could possibly tell me. As it turns out I didn't know the half of it and am hearing it all now. I feel tired and perplexed, but most of all so very sad that she has had to live with this for so long. The last couple of days have been a whirlwind and I have spent hours on the phone to her and her husband just listening and talking to them. My head hurts and I want to curl up in a corner and cry myself to sleep. I haven't done any house work or things that I am supposed to do, my poor husband is just listening to me rant and rage and is being so very good. I want to be there for my friend and her family, and yet I want to be with my family and protect them. Instead I am going to go to work in the morning and not come home until Monday morning. I'm not running away, just doing my job as a carer, but I feel like I am abandoning them all. I don't know what to do for the best any more.

On the knitting front the dress for Jean is almost finished and looks ok. I won't say good because I hate the yarn. I received the yarn form Shilasdair yesterday, and what a transformation. It is a cashmere, angora and lambswool blend and is just luscious. I just want to keep petting it and can't wait to get using it.

I think that's it for now, I'm tired and am going to go do some stitching.

No comments: