Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The best laid schemes

"The best laid schemes
o' mice and 'men
Gang aft a-gley"
Robert Burns c. 1785

And, boy oh boy did my plans gang a-gley. A week past Saturday was the first of it, youngest daughter started puking for all she was worth. Hubby came home from Houston and instead of a welcoming wife he got one very frazzled wife and an ill child. On Sunday I had to work all day, so he was baby sitting and middle daughter became ill. It turned out she hadn't got the pukes, but she had the flu. It was the full monty, sweating, shivering, coughing, aching etc. Fortunately my brave hubby is good with illness and took it all in his stride. Monday morning saw me start to feel ill and I have been coughing and sneezing all week. My bones ache and I don't want to sit down, but I don't want to stand up because I'm tired and on it goes. I started to feel a little better by Friday and we went out for a meal with friends. Saturday saw me doing another full day, and Sunday I was back to my 24 hour shift. Yesterday was spent sleeping for most of the day.

What may you ask has this to do with plans, well because of illness I haven't started my knitting for the Olympics yet, so am a bit like Eddie the Eagle. Full of good intentions, but crap at actually getting going. Today was going to be my knitting day, but things have just been pants again and I have been trying to catch up with house work. Tonight is the first night of two nights training and I am not looking forward to it at all. I have a number of clients who are epileptic and I have to learn how to administer rectal diazipam, so this is going to be what I am doing for Valentines night. No fancy panties and chocolates for me. I supposed I could always try out my techniques on hubby when I get home, but I don't think he will be that appreciative of it :-)

The only positive thing that I have now done, is link up the SFSE button to the Free to Stitch site, and also linked the Celtic knitters button to the Yahoo site for the Celtic Knitter.

No comments: