Anyhoo, back to the podcast. I regularly check the comments on Brenda's site to see if there are any new podcasters out there and have found a couple that I have listened to and quite like. However, one comment that was left today was so rude and obnoxious that it really got my goat. Of course the person who left it didn't have the guts to leave a name, they just left this long ranting post that was full of vitriol and down right nastiness.
There are a few comments that I would like to make about this, and feel that I want to speak here where it is in the public domain and where I have the right to hit the delete button.
- By all means point out any and all flaws that you might find in a podcast or blog, but do it constructively.
- If you feel the need to vent in public there are better ways to go about it.
- Leave your name and that way the person who is at the receiving end of the abuse can contact you and tell you what a nasty b@st@rd you are
- Learn how to spell
- If it were an open forum and there were mediators or assistants, then the delete button would have been pressed and you would have been blocked and reported as a troll.
- No one insists that you have to listen to anything that you dislike, so why abuse someone who has no say on what or how you do something.
- Don't piss off knitters, for we are a formidable bunch and we will retaliate.
At the end of the day podcasts are free to listeners and even if something is a pile of shit, it hasn't cost anything to listen to it and you don't have to listen to it again.
I think that I've said enough for today.