Sunday, March 26, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Here in bonnie Scotland, the sun has been shining and it is Mother's Day. Today is the first day in a long time that it has felt like spring has arrived. It is also the day the clocks go forward. Of course we forgot and were happily just languishing around the house and doing nothing in particular until #2 daughter came down and asked why her computer was saying it was an hour further on than she thought it was. It then dawned on us that we had once again forgotten to change the clocks. Luckily for Gary and I neither of us were working. Unluckily for me I have a chest infection and aren't able to work at the moment. I'm sick of being sick. I've only been back at work for a week and a half after being off with my knee and now I'm laid low with this damned infection. My doctor is one of those who usually prescribes paracetamol and ibuprofen or a herbal remedy rather than antibiotics, but he took one look at me and listened to my chest and threw the lot at me. I have to take the usual dose of antibiotics, but he also prescribed a course of steroids to really get a grip of it. My lungs were so congested that when he did a peak/flow test my reading was over 200 points less than it should have been. This was after doing a best of 3 and each time it got worse.
On a brighter note, I got some nice cards and pressies. Kylie bought me a lovely card and a Russell Watson CD. He's not my favourite singer, but I wouldn't tell her that. Natalie bought me a card and a toy sunflower that I've nicknamed AudreyII from here. Sad I know, but I thought it fitting. Rachel bought me some yummy chocolate truffles and a card. Unfortunately my sense of taste has gone to pot, so I only know that they taste nice from having them before. Gary didn't buy me a card, but he did buy me the Lascivious Biddies - Get Lucky and I'm enjoying listening to them whilst I write this. If you listen to Brenda Dayne's Cast-On you will have heard them on more than one occasion, she uses one of their songs for the start of today's sweater and has also played a couple more of their tracks in past pod-casts. I keep laughing because every time one of my family come in to have a word they listen to what I'm playing and all of them have had a little dance. Now my family have quite diverse listening preferences, and the Biddies are not on any one of their lists, but they are enjoying them. One more notch on mum's bedpost for introducing my family new music and artists :-)
On the knitting front things have gone slowly again. I love knitting and my head is buzzing from all the ideas that I have, but I just haven't hadn't the energy to think about it this week. I did start the front of the effing sweater, but I made about 6 mistakes in the first few rows. Luckily I saw them, but have been too tired to sort it out. Once more it lies unloved in the basket. I have to get cracking, I'm almost a month behind and I hate that. I want to get it finished, but haven't got the inclination or the energy to do it.

2 comments:

Dympna said...

Happy Mother's Day. I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you start feeling better soon. Just rest and let everyone take care of you.

Abigale said...

Hi Theresa

I just found your blog. Thought I'd go check in at the Delphi site, which I haven't done in absolute yonks, and found you!!! Just thought I'd say hi, and let you know that I didn't really disappear off the face of the planet :-)