Sunday, April 03, 2005

Anyone up for this challenge?


I asked this question on the Yahoo group that I belong to. I think it is going to be fun to take part and it will also give me a chance to play around with textures and colours. I keep dreaming of different ways to make one, and how long it is going to take me.
What, you ask is the stupid woman talking about. Well I'm talking about this.
Isn't it a grand idea :-)

The project isn't turning out how I would have liked. For some reason one of the sleeves is wider than the other. I've ripped it out, and started it again and it hasn't changed the width at all. There is definitely something weird going on. I'm going to have to make a concerted effort to get the sleeve finished tonight, then I can start on one of the fronts or maybe the back tomorrow. The entire jacket has to be in London by Friday at the latest. If the yarn had been ordered on time, and hadn't been delayed then, I might have stood a chance, but it is hard going trying to work out a pattern from a piece of paper, and get ot right first time. I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to write the pattern, I'll probably have to delay that by a week or so. I was a naughty girl and went out this morning instead of staying in and knitting. I'm glad I did go out, because my beloved bought me a lovely amber and silver bracelet. It is slightly celtic in design, but is lovely on and feels like it was made just for me. Most bracelets that I buy have to have at least two links removed, but this one just sits right on the wrist. Aren't I a lucky girl. There were some bracelets that had pieces of amber in that were as big as hen's eggs, but I thought that they might be too big for me. I might save up my meager pennies and see if he has any more pieces over the next few months and might buy myself another one.

I saw my old neighbours today, and it was lovely to see them. When their little boy saw me he ran up and jumped in to my arms. I got the longest of hugs and then he told me he loved me. It was so sweet that I could have wept. I miss them, and I miss my old house. I know I have more space here, and have gone up a notch in the social scheme of things, but who cares, I loved my old, cold, draughty house.



Which flock do you follow?
this quiz was made by alanna

No comments: