Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hello


Feeling Chillin'




Thought I had better say hello to my reader and update you on my utterly exciting life :-) After the mammoth knitting project, I've been very quiet and not done a great deal this past week or so. My whole body and my brain ached from all the concentration and I've just about recovered.
Last week was a lazy time for me. My friend came over on Thursday and we looked at books, went for lunch and did a bit of shopping. It was great. We were both very tired, but it felt good to just be girly for a while. I saw a couple of things that I want for me, but they will keep for another time.
My beloved decided that he wanted some new work clothes, and we went in to Aberdeen on Saturday to get him some. The whole city centre was heaving with people. The main road in the town was blocked off and there was an international street market. Most of the folks were French and the smells from the different stalls were fantastic. I bought so much stuff that I had to go to the indoor market and buy myself a pull along shopping bag. The food was amazing, and the black pudding was out of this world. I have never tasted anything like it. I also bought two bunches of dried lavender from Provence, and they are in jugs in my kitchen. I have some dried grasses and they look pretty together.
I have finished a baby blanket from the Yo-Yo yarn that I bought a few weeks ago. It looks good, and is now on the washing line. I've only been doing brainless - no thinking - knitting this week, my head just won't stretch to patterns or anything strenuous. Someone on Knitflame described it well, she said she had brains farts, and that's just how my brain feels.
Oh, and I got my Stitch and Bitch Nation from Amazon. It wasn't until after it arrived, that I realised one of my friends was mentioned in the acknowledgments. It turns out that she was one of the knitters for the book, and she made the black fishnet stockings. I vaguely remember her mentioning something about it, but didn't take much notice at the time because I was busy with work and stuff. She says her only regret is that she wasn't the designer, because she would have made them in the round.

No comments: