Monday, March 14, 2005

A new day, a new week, a new job?

14 March 2005
11:25:00 o'clock GMT


Well folks, it's the start of a new week. We've had snow all weekend, but today the sun is shining and the snow is almost gone. I'm supposed to be writing out my cv today, but am so bored with the whole thing. I know that I'm supposed to be applying for a new job, but it sucks, I hate all this selling yourself shite. I was out with some of my old colleagues over the weekend, and boy do I miss them. We had a great time, I got drunk, but not too drunk. Left the nightclub at 3 am and got home around 4.

On the knitting front, I have almost finished a mohair wrap in a lilac colour. Still not sure if I like it, but I'll know better once it has been washed and fluffed up. G is complaining because the mohair is going everywhere and getting up his nose. Well he gets up mine sometimes, so all's fair in love and knitting :-) I want to finish his sweater, but the sewing up is driving me crazy. I tried it on him on Saturday and found the body part is going to fit wonderfully, but the sleeves a waaay to long. I followed the pattern and measured everything at least five times. Why do knitting patterns always have to have sleeves that would fit Inspector Gadget's stretchy arms?

The project that I'm supposed to be doing hasn't started yet. I'm still waiting for the yarn to arrive. My deadline for samples is Friday, it's Monday now and no yarn. I can't work miracles. When the stuff does arrive, I'm going to have to work through the night to get the samples made, washed and down to London in time. What a bummer. The designer has ordered two different yarns, both will have to be knitted seperately, then both together. This is so that we get an overall idea of how they work on their own and together. I also need to make samples for my portfolio, so it's going to be madness here for a few weeks. The pieces have to be made from a flat pattern design, so there's going to be a lot of measuring and planning involved. I can't wait, and yet am nervous. What if it all goes tits up and I get the blame. Me and my big mouth.

No comments: